Butterwell Estate Limited (“Butterwell”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This policy describes how we collect, retain and use personal information of potential, current and former customers. It applies to information collected by Butterwell about customers either directly or by its service providers, business referrers and intermediaries. We are registered under the Data Protection Act ZA060694
Data Protection Philosophy
Butterwell is a “data controller” and is responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
We will always comply with data protection law, which requires your personal information to be:
– used lawfully, fairly and transparently
– collected for valid purposes which have been explained
– accurately and securely kept
– retained only for as long is necessary
Personal Data We Collect
We may collect, store, use and transfer different types of personal data about you which may include the following:
Title, first name, initial, last name, username, date of birth, company, occupation, billing address, postal address, landline number, mobile number, email address, customer password (encrypted), Mailing list preference, Nationality, Car Registration, bank account and payment card details, transaction data (payments to and from you and booking details), IP address, browser type and version, time zone and location settings, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website. We may collect experience & preference data including details of your preferences when staying at our properties and your customer feedback.Information about how you use our website and services. Preferences in receiving marketing from us, and your communication preferences.
It is important that personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if your personal data changes during your association and/or contract with us.
We do not collect any particularly sensitive personal information as a matter of policy unless in extreme circumstances to comply with legal obligations. In this eventuality we will always seek consent to do so.
If you decline to provide personal data when we need to collect it by law, or under the terms of contract we have with you, we may not be able to provide you with goods or services in the contract we have, or are trying to enter, with you. In this instance, we may have to cancel your booking, but we will notify you of this at the time.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect personal information from you when you are making an enquiry, making a booking for accommodation and/or fishing, cancelling a booking, giving us feedback or requesting marketing information. We do this either directly or indirectly through our website (contact form and booking form) or via a booking agent or via direct contact by email, post or telephone.
If you use our website, we will automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and behaviours. We collect this personal data using cookies and other similar technology.
Contact information, and financial and transaction data may be collected from or shared with providers of technical and payment services.
How We Will Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal information when the law permits us to, in the following specific circumstances:
– to complete your booking and contractual services to you
– to keep you updated on Butterwell through our Newsletters, provided you have confirmed you wish to receive these communications
– to comply with any other legal obligations.
Your Personal information will never be used or provided to a third party for any other purpose.
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Which Third Party Service Providers Process Your Personal Data
The following third parties are authorised by us to process your personal information:
– Supercontrol (booking system), Holiday Cottages (agent) and Airbnb (agent)
– Mailchimp to provide newsletters
– Secure payment service provider to facilitate your payments: Opayo/Elavon.
– HMRC, regulators and other authorities based in the UK who require reporting of processes and activity in certain circumstances.
– We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to use it in accordance with the law. We do not allow third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes, and we only permit them to process your personal data for specified reasons and in accordance with our instruction.
We have in place security measures to prevent your personal information being lost, used, altered, accessed or disclosed in an unauthorised way. Third parties have confirmed their security arrangements and will only process personal information on our instruction and are subject to normal duties of confidentiality.
Our website may link to external sites, plug-ins and applications that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil administrative, accounting, legal or security obligations, although we will retain contact details of customers who have chosen to receive our newsletter until such time as they choose to unsubscribe.
You have the right to:
– Access your personal data
– Correct your personal data
– Erase your personal data
– Withdraw consent to the use of your personal data.
We reserve the right to update this policy.